Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In Case You Missed It...Palin on Israel

By Lesley Clark, Miami Herald
October 1, 2008
Remember the excitement over an Israeli flag spotted in Sarah Palin's office? Well, radio talk show Hugh Hewitt -- in one of Palin's rare interviews -- asked her about the flag and why she supported Israel.
"It is true, and I ran into Shimon Peres recently at a meeting, and he even pointed that out," she said in the interview. "He said I saw a picture of you on the internet, and you had an Israeli flag in your state government office, and I said I sure do. You know, my heart is with you.
"And all of those trials and tribulations throughout history that Israel has gone through, not only does that allow me to want to support that country, but Israel is our strongest and most important ally in the Middle East," she said. "And they are a democratic country who I believe deserves our support, and I know that John McCain believes as I do that Israel is our friend, and we need to be there to support them. They are there for us, and I do love that country."

To View, Click Here.