Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Statement by NRCC Chairman Tom Cole

NRCC Chairman Cole released the following statement today:

I want to congratulate Pete Sessions on his election as the next Chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee. It has been my great privilege to serve as Chairman of the NRCC, and I wish my friend Pete every success. While the past two years brought many challenges to this Committee, I was honored every step of the way to be able to serve my colleagues and my Party. To the legions of conservatives throughout America who dedicated their time and resources to helping the NRCC elect Republicans to Congress this year, I am truly grateful. I also want to thank my staff at the NRCC. They have done a tremendous job and I will always remember their dedication and their professionalism. As a new team takes the reigns of this Committee next year, I look forward to helping make their transition seamless.

####