Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What They Are Saying on President-Elect Barack Obama's Inauguration

Some great quotes in today's TC Palm:

"I did serve in Vietnam and the key to America is the peaceful transition of power and it is the one thing we do well, even when we have presidents and parties who fought like hell, even when we do it that way, we do it better than anybody else and that’s what makes it work.”--RPOF Assistant Treasurer Allen Miller

“We’re all Americans regardless of party, we’re going to welcome [Obama] as president and hope he does a good job. ...We’re already looking forward to the next four years.”--St. Lucie County REC Chairman Reece Parrish

“I know when I dropped my two kids off at school this morning, I think they’re going to show some of it in the classrooms, which I think is great. They’ll actually be witnessing history and not just studying it.”--Former State Representative Joe Negron

“He’s my president and I’m going to support my president. He’s going to good for the country and what is good for the county is what is important right now.”--Senator Ken Pruitt, R-Port St. Lucie.